Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Pray For Joplin

I cannot stand the feeling of being "trapped." That's what happened last Sunday night. Here, in my town of Indianapolis, I was pretty sure that the tornado was coming straight toward my own house. Knowing me, I was scared out of my mind. It's the kind of feeling you get when you just want to go down into the ground, or move across the country just for a night, knowing you will be safe there, or even trying to find somebody to hold you for a few hours just so you don't feel as scared. Well, I didn't have any of these, so I prayed, (more like panicked), and texted somebody I hardly even know, (but I knew that they would be reassurring). Sometimes, I just need somebody to tell me that I will be fine, that the storm isn't going to hit our house, (even if it might) to make me feel 80% better. I don't know why I am so upset about storms, but now I am very, very, sad for Joplin. I can't believe that the small storm in our area caused a larger storm for Missuri. My heart is very heavy for these people, because I dread what happening to them happening to me our my family. My heart is in tiny sheds of glass for these people. I pray that each one of you will come join me in helping people in Missuri. There are several ways to help.

If you are able to make a $10 donation, please text "REDCROSS" to 90999. Or, you can log onto the American Red Cross Disaster Relief donation page (once you are there enter the Joplin zip code, which is 64801, to make sure your donation is directed correctly).

Let's pray for the people that may have lost loved ones, that they will have strength.

Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment