Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Dark Nail Polish...Yay or Nay?

So, yes, it is the colder seasons. And you know what that means? It means you can pretty much feel comfortable wearing any kind of color of nail polish! The the reason I say this is because most people like to wear lighter, more neutral colors during the warmer seasons, I guess to get pumped for the light and warm weather. But I love, love, love playing around with other colors of nail polish. I love most colors except for bright yellow or black. Honestly, I feel like black is just plain gross. It's a sign of goth and insecurity, plus it also looks sort of messy. And as far as yellow goes, I just don't like that color on my nails...it seems most things that are yellow are pretty gross...lol. I hope I'm not offending anyone by saying this stuff, but most people I know agree with me! 


So one of my new favorite nail polish colors is ""Lincoln Park After Dark" by OPI." Heres a picture of it:
I understand that some might think this color is considered "emo" or "dirty" or such, but I simply think it's a gorgeous color. So I really want people's opinions. This also seems to be a new trendy thing, but I also like to start my own trends sometimes. That being said, if you are someone who sets their own trends.. more power to you! When I was in eighth grade I would wear different earrings every day. Like a hoop in one ear and a feather earring in the other. Some of my friends started doing it too, but what they didn't know is that the only reason I did it was because my ears were pierced differently and when I wore matching earrings you could tell my ear holes were uneven. Anyways, to get back to the trend point, I really enjoy following the trends... but I also think dark nails really look good in fall and winter. Then I can wear bright colors in spring and summer :)
So I want everybody's opinions of weather or not you like this" Dark" color of nail polish! 
-Hannah xoxo


Photo from Blair Fowler 

No comments:

Post a Comment