Thursday, January 13, 2011

My Latest Obsession: Taylor Swift

If any of you are Taylor Swift fans, you know how great of a writer she is. I just love how she expresses all of her emotions in her songs. She once said that listening to her music is a lot like reading her personal diary. I just think that is so cool! I can't stop listening to her new album, "Speak Now." I can't believe she wrote it without any co-writers, and only in two years! My favorites songs on the album are Enchanted, Mean, Back To December, and Long Live. It turns out I just got a new guitar for my birthday and I'm going to try to learn those songs on it! I'm sooo excited about that. I've already learned most of them on the piano, but I just feel like a guitar seems more fitting for her songs. 
The other day, I decided to have a little fun with my makeup and do a makeover like the picture below:


It was definately very challenging, considering I don't have much experience with liquid eyeliner, plus the fake eyelashes, (Not to mention the blinding lipstick!) but I think it was a good experience. I would post a picture of my makeover, but my camera is broken! :/ How sad. I'm hoping to invest in a new one, but I really want an iPod Touch. Aha..as I was saying..yes, I'm done talking about the makeover now. Oh, yeah. I also tried to do my hair like hers (not like in this picture, but, you know how she usually has it done.) But I got it way to curly, and my hair was just a big poof-ball. Haha! So I'm not going to try that again!
On another note, I also loved Taylor's previous albums: "Taylor Swift" and "Fearless." Though I didn't start listening to her until after her Fearless album, I am obsessed with her songs now! On the first album I love the songs Picture to Burn, A Place In This World, Stay Beautiful, and Our Song. On Fearless I love You're Not Sorry, White Horse, Love Story, and Tell Me Why. I think the reason I love these songs so much is because I can really relate to them when it comes to my relationships. But isn't that what the songs were meant for? I mean, wasn't that her purpose of publishing them? So other people could relate? Maybe that's one of the reasons. 
I also understand that there are tons of girls (and guys) who pretty much despise Taylor. There could be several reasons for this, but hardly are considered even remotely logical. Like most that I meet say that they just hate Taylor because she's a bad singer. Well, what the heck is that? Does an artist have to have an amazing voice in order for you to like them? I don't think the main focas of her music is her voice, but rather her song lyrics. There are so many troubled people out there just looking for someone to relate to, and they find a sense of comfort in songs like these. But I can understand if someone is really into rock and roll and metal-type music, for them to say they dislike Taylor. But unless she's done something totally wrong, there is no reason for you to say that you "hate" her! Okay, here I am, probably rambling. I guess that means it's time to end the blog now. (:
Hannah


Pictures from EzineMark.com and Rouphstock.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment