Sunday, March 27, 2011

SHM: Shower, Hair, Makeup!










Lights, camera, action! Every girl has a different routine when it comes to the all-too-familiar process of “getting ready.” Whether it’s for school photos, a hot date (oh la la), hanging around the house, or even a girls’ night out—we all have our own SHM routine.
I told some of you that I would do a blog on my everyday SHM routine. Some people like to re-phrase it as "SMH" because they do their makeup before hair, but I generally take my showers in the morning  so while I'm doing makeup, I can allow my hair to dry a little, to prevent excessive hair damage, of course. :)
First, when I wake up, I usually feel the urge to either brush my teeth or go to the bathroom. I'm not sure why, lol. But after I do that I get in the shower and put two types of shampoos +conditioner in my hair and let it sit while I shave my legs and wash my body. After that, I rinse off and get out and put on moisurizer and lotion, then put on either pajamas or a bathrobe while I do my makeup, then I blow-dry my hair. After that, I get dressed, then go on with my day!


Here are some general tips for anybody who is interested, as gathered by comments and other people:





  1. Do your makeup before your hair so you can let your it air dry a bit before styling. Fun fact: I hear it’s best to blow dry your hair when it’s about 30% dry. Another common tip is wrapping your hair in a towel while you do your makeup, which helps to absorb water faster.
  2. If you use a facial moisturizer, give it time to soak in before covering it up with makeup.
  3. While you’re doing your hair and makeup, go though a mental inventory of your closet and decide what you are going to wear. This will make the getting dressed part much easier!
  4. If you are not a morning person, shower at night to save time in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment