Sunday, April 10, 2011

How to Get Rid of the Rainy-Day Blues


I generally find that the cold, humid, yucky weather tends to cause people to feel distressed and just plain discouraged. When other people feel this way, it makes me feel the same way! I understand that the weather has a big impact on this, so here I'm gonna give you all some ideas on how to feel better throughout this time of year!


One: Embrace the weather! Maybe it would look like throwing on some yoga pants and a t-shirt with a cup of hot cocoa under your snuggie next to the window and just watching the rain. I find that just looking out the window, escpecially at particular weather, it helps me to be able to think more clearly. Sometimes when I pray, I just look out the window. I don't know what it is about it, but it always feels so good to just look outside at what God is doing! So embrace this kind of weather, weather it means thanking God for the weather, getting all cozy under a blanket and reading a book, or even putting on your bright yellow rain jacket and going out to dance in the rain! 


Two: Just dance, gonna be okay, da da doo-doo-mmm. (LOL) Like the song says, just get up off your bootay and dance! Even if I don't feel like it, once I start dancing, I can't stop. It always feels good to me to turn on some great music and feel my body moving. 


Three: Turn on an upbeat encouraging song! Get happy thoughts going through your head! Here's some I recommend:
"We are the Champions" - Queen
"Mine" Taylor Swift
"Hero" Mariah Carey 
"Hold On" Jonas Brothers
"Whatever it is" Zac Brown Band
"Fighter "- Christina Aguilera"
"Hands and Feet" pureNRG
There's many more but these are just favorites!


Three: Girls: Give your self a giant wacko makeover! Fill up that bath tube with all of you Lush paradise products and exfoliate your body. Get a mask and put cucumbers over your eyes, do something totally different and beautiful with your hair, then put on some of the brightest colors of eyeshadow that you have! You can also put a new nail polish on that you've never used before. That always makes me feel so refreshed and good!


Four: Read your Bible. It can often be suprizing how encouraging it is to just open your Bible to a random page and start reading. The words are alive, and they can really change your heart. Normally after I do a quick read-through, I feel all bubbly and jumpy and happy. I don't know why, it just gives you that kind of feeling!


Five: Take a quick nap. If you feel stressed or upset, sometimes a nap is just calling your name! You will most likely feel so much better when you wakeup, and you'll be more motivated to do the things that you've been meaning to do!


I hope you enjoyed reading these tips! TTYL :)
Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment